Marketers Don’t Send Personalized Emails (Infographic)
Self-learning email optimization
We announced today the release of AgilOne Email Edition and with that we have made a giant step forwards toward democratizing big data for all marketers. AgilOne Email uses powerful, self-learning algorithms to help marketers reach their target audience with more relevant and timely emails and build more profitable customer relationships.
Marketers and consumers disagree on email marketing
We also announced the results of a recent survey that found a major disconnect between marketers and consumers when it comes to email marketing. 34 percent of consumers cannot remember receiving a single remarkable email from a brand in the past year. On the other hand, as many as 75 percent of marketers believe they sent between 5 – 15 engaging emails over the same time period.
One-Size-Fits-All Marketing doesn’t work anymore
Most email marketers still seem to be distributing identical content out to a large number of consumers, whereas 79 percent of Americans say that checking email is a waste of time resulting in high rates of email unsubscribe. For every customer who unsubscribes, marketers lose 60 percent of their future lifetime value on average and millions of potential dollars in revenue.
Additional survey results include:
- 52 percent of marketers send the same content and product offers to all consumers.
- 65 percent of marketers do not differentiate how often they send you emails.
- Only 50 percent of marketers try to re-engage lapsed customers with special offers.
- Only 39 percent of brands send loyal shoppers special rewards.
Some awesome marketers are trying to change all that and put the customer first. One of those marketers is Sarah Schaale, Marketing Communications Manager at Lumens:
“We selected AgilOne in order to retain and grow our value in the eyes of our subscribers while ensuring that we weren’t losing customers because they were disappointed in the frequency or our email marketing efforts,” says Sarah Schaale, Marketing Communications Manager at Lumens.com, a retailer of lighting, furniture and home accessories. “I am excited about the promise of predictive analytics in this regard, and about AgilOne which is bringing data science previously only accessible to Fortune 500 brands to everyday marketers.”
We want to thank Sarah and the others who have helped us beta test AgilOne Email over the past weeks.
Do you too want to personalize and optimize the frequency and content of email campaigns?
AgilOne Email works with your existing email service provider to provide:
- Increase open and click rates while minimizing unsubscribe rates
- Predict which customers are most likely to engage, reactivate, or complain
- Customize email frequency and content by customer segment
- Send the right email content to the right customers at the right time
- Measure and optimize the ROI of email campaigns for specific customers
- Enlist your enthusiasts as promoters on your behalf
- Maximize email revenue and campaign performance
“Consumers rather receive one email with 100% relevancy than 100 emails with 1% relevancy”, said Anselme Levan, VP Products at AgilOne. “What’s more, marketers can significantly increase their revenues when they cut unsubscribe rates in half with AgilOne Email. Every customer who unsubscribes costs you $60 or more, about 60% of lifetime value.”
Enjoyed this post? Get more big data articles delivered to your email